OR CONTACT US ABOUT DATA RECOVERY OPTIONS
Something very important that many people forget to do is to regularly back up their data. Data files are pictures, music, videos, documents, emails, or anything else you created with any of the software on your computer.
Like any other computer component – or electronic device for that matter – hard drives and memory sticks can fail. To make sure that your valuable pictures, music and documents are safe, you should back up your computer regularly.
This is a simple task that can be accomplished by purchasing an external backup device (like an external hard drive) and regularly copying your data files to it. Many backup devices even come with software to make data backup tasks easier.
Here are some things to know…
- You should perform a backup any time you’ve saved vital or important files to your computer – or on a regular basis otherwise.
- You should ensure your computer is virus and spyware free – otherwise you may be backing up infected files [even image files (pictures) can become infected under Windows].
- You should store your backup device someplace safe. If it has vitally important information on it that you cannot afford to lose, it should not be stored in the same location as the computer.
- ALWAYS ensure you NEVER EVER move a backup hard drive while it is on. If you do, you can damage the media surface inside and thus damage your backed-up files.
- ALWAYS properly unmount the drive/backup device under Windows before turning it off or unplugging it.
- ALWAYS use care when moving or transporting any backup hard drive – even when they are off (never move them when they are on). Though the casings are quite solid, there are fragile components inside.
- If you need an offsite backup service, check out Mozy Online Backup.
IF YOU CAN’T ACCESS YOUR DATA/PICTURES/MUSIC/ETC:
IF your computer is not usable, crashes, or stops working -OR- you don’t feel comfortable doing your own backup, contact us to help! We can perform a standard data backup for you.
If you accidentally deleted something or reformatted your machine, TURN IT OFF AND DO NOT USE IT. CALL US IMMEDIATELY. The more you use the machine, the less likely your files will be able to be recovered intact.
If you need standard Data Backup Services and NOT a Data/Drive Recovery Service, simply visit our Computer Repair Page for more information.
IF you have a hard drive crash (or your hard drive is making weird sounds) and need a Data Recovery Service performed, we can still help!
Through our partnership with DriveSavers (who has the highest hard drive recovery success rate in the industry), we can still recover your important pictures, emails, videos and other documents!
OR, contact DriveSavers directly for a quote! Due to our partnership with DriveSavers, you will receive a 10% discount on all single drive Standard and Economy Drive Recovery Services.
Make sure you mention our Referral Code: DS22975 – or simply click here to get an estimate online (Don’t forget to print out that page so you have our referral code handy so you get a discount)!
- DriveSavers will NOT charge you for any unsuccessful recovery for their Standard or Economy Single Drive Recovery Services
- DriveSavers will NEVER exceed the amount they quote you. There are no hidden fees or hidden charges!
- DriveSavers will provide you an estimate for FREE!
- DriveSavers can recover data from any operating system (Windows, MacOSX, Linux, etc), and from virtually any type of media (hard drives, USB Thumb Drives, Memory Sticks, iPhones, etc).
- DriveSavers has the HIGHEST recovery success rate in the industry!